“Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God and set a watch against them day and night. Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great . . . and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses . . . . our God shall fight for us” (Nehemiah 4:9, 14, 20).
Pray for husbands to:
· Be spiritual leaders in their homes (Deuteronomy 6:6-7).
· Pray that the husband’s love and devotion to God and his steadfast faithfulness will set the example for his family to follow.
· Love their wives as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25).
· Pray that the husband’s love for his wife would be as pure and eternal as Christ’s love for the church. Raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
· Pray that fathers would teach Christian principles to their children by precept and example.
Pray for wives to:
· Seek God and love His word supremely (Matthew 6:33).
· Pray that the wife’s love for the Word would keep her thoughts pure and holy.
· Be subject to their husbands as unto the Lord (Ephesians 5:24).
· Pray that the wife would have a godly respect for her husband.
· Teach their children to have faith in God (II Timothy 1:5).
· Pray that the mother’s example of holiness and dedication would transmit her faith in God to her child.
· Be content and not given to covetousness (Hebrews 13:5).
· Pray that she would be thankful for the bounty that God has already provided.
Pray for children to:
· Become sensitive and responsive to God at an early age (I Samuel 3:1-14).
· Pray that they would keep their hearts attuned to God.
· Pray that parents would have the wisdom to recognize their children’s sensitivity and guide them.
· Be obedient to parents (Epesians 6:1).
· Pray that the parents would have the wisdom to discipline their children properly (Ephesians 6:4).
· Pray that the children would receive the discipline as an act of love (Hebrews 12:5-8).
· Heed their parents’ godly teaching and example (Proverbs 1:8).
· Pray that children would be more swayed by the example of their godly parents and the teachings of the Word of God than by peer pressure or worldly environment.
· Follow Christ’s example and grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52).
· Pray that they would develop in each of these areas as they grow. Families are the building blocks of society and the church. We cannot afford to sit idly by and allow Satan to destroy our families.
· Pray for our families to be protected from evil and to be a place of safety.